Monday, February 13, 2012

Kirai

Our area's new henchman has started a fixed faction league that runs from February 25 to March 24. The league games start off at 10ss, and then every week 5ss are added.

... So for the last week and a half, I have been practicing my 10ss game. This is something that I had never thought to try before. Previously 20ss was the lowest I had ever played. There is much more to consider, I suppose... and at 10ss your options feel like they are limited. I have found, after consideration, that they aren't as limited as you immediately think, if you are creative.

I decided that I would go with Resurrectionists for my faction, as I had more ressers (Molly and Seamus) available to me to work with. My husband went with Arcanists, and my brother Tim went with Guild. Sharing our models between each other, I have access to every res master. I have been working on learning to play Nicodem, McMourning and Kirai in case I decide to use them later on.

I started playing my husband's Kirai crew over the past week as well, and I have to say that she is certainly unique. I got absolutely slaughtered my first game with her, making many mistakes in order of activation, and keeping Kirai to the back. After my husband gave me a few pointers, however, I am absolutely amazed at Kirai's effectiveness. In fact, the last game I played with her, I practically won the game in the first round, killing several of my opponents models including his master. "Establish your dominance in round one" was my husbands advice. "If you aren't winning on round one, you aren't going to win."

I'm not used to playing that aggressively, but it seems to be working for me so far. I guess time will tell!

0 comments:

Post a Comment