Friday, January 27, 2012

Collodi

A couple of weeks ago I had a really bad day at work, so my hubby and I went down to the gaming store to try and soothe me with the purchase of Malifaux figures and playing a game. Since we didn't have anything with us, we ended up picking up a couple more fate decks and a tape measure, too, which is fine since we would like to do demo games for people that stop by our tables and seem interested. He grabbed Kirai's box, and I decided on Collodi. He also got a blister of additional Seishins, and I picked up a blister of stitched togethers. It is funny to note that the seishins were packaged wrong, so he has three of them that look exactly alike.

I'm not sure why I picked up Collodi... it was completely on impulse, and I don't think that prior to that moment I had been interested in him. I've played against him twice before, and while he was occasionally very annoying in an opposing crew, it never occurred to me that I might like to add him to my collection. Until then.

So now I have crews from each faction. For Guild, I have Perdita. For Neverborn, Collodi. For Resurrectionists, Molly. For Arcanists, Rasputina. And for Outcasts, the Viktorias. I don't think this is how I'm supposed to do it! I'm supposed to be concentrating on one faction! It was not actually my intent to own a crew for each faction... it simply turned out that way.

At any rate, we did end up getting a quick game in, in which my husband severely trounced me. I rushed Collodi forward into melee and then spent the rest of the game trying to get my marionettes back. I ended up killing Collodi myself to keep the hubby from getting an objective, but as it was all said and done he had scored 6VP and I had scored 3.

I've played Collodi once more since then, against my husband's Kaeris crew, and I am proud to say that this henchie vs. henchie battle ended with my victory! I was very excited to beat the hubby as he is an excellent player, and I am not so much.

Now, I will be the first to admit that I am not a fan of Collodi's colors as they appear on the box. As well, I knew that I did not want to paint all of the puppets in the same colors that I would do Collodi in... I wanted everything to be unique. Still, I wasn't sure how Collodi would be painted until I actually sat down to do it. I am pretty pleased with the results! The hubby was not a fan of the pink eyes, but I disagree with him.


I tried to put wood grain on his hands.


I'm proud of the gradient!


I also got one of the wicked dolls painted up... the one that I have been calling Kermit. This was my first attempt at gore, so I was very nervous doing it!

It occurs to me that this looks much better when it isn't close up.

It really looks better in person, how disappointing!


I can't wait to get a few more of these guys painted! I don't think I've had so much fun painting anything else.

2 comments:

The Dark Templar said...

They look fantastic! Look forward to seeing more of this crew.

russ oliver said...

Love your pic of Collodi. Great transition work, colour scheme and the photo with his hands in focus just looks very atmospheric :-)
Gonna have to add Collodi to my collection soon I think.

Post a Comment